Last Resort Fire Department Museum

Last Resort Fire Department Museum

301 2nd Ave S





A Little More About Us

On July 12th, 2008, in conjunction with the 2008 Pioneer Square Fire Festival, a new fire museum was created in Seattle when the Last Resort Fire Department moved a portion of its collection of apparatus and artifacts into Seattle Fire Department Headquarters in the heart of Seattle's Pioneer Square. The station, built in 1928, is a four-story, ten-bay facility, that for eighty years, had been the home of both Seattle Fire Department Headquarters and Fire Station #10.

Although Engine 10, Ladder 1, HazMat-1 and Aid Car 5 have moved into their new facility just three blocks away, the old station remains Seattle Fire Department Headquarters and home for the on-duty deputy chief, his staffing assistant, and the office of the Chief of the Department, as well as the rest of the administrative staff. They remain on the upper floors and share a portion of the apparatus bays with the Last Resort Fire Department.